What We Do
Almost without exception, all individuals will experience legal problems during the course of their lives. Legal rights do not distinguish between a highly skilled or a poorly skilled person, between rich or poor. Legal problems do not pick their victims. Our membership breakdown reflects this reality and cuts across the entire South African society.
Inequality and disregard for individual rights arise when there is an imbalance of bargaining power. LegalWise brings that balance of power to the dispute. Our reputation is such that one phone call to our legal advisors is usually sufficient to bring most transgressors to their senses. When we have to act, we act with our full resources and win or lose, we cover the cost for our members.
Why should you join LegalWise ?
Being exploited is costly. Not having a lawyer on your side when you need one is even more costly. As a member of LegalWise you get immediate assistance from us for non-insured problems. You also get legal expenses cover of up to R67 000, R117 000 or R150 000 per insured case - paid directly to the attorney. We pay as per the LegalWise tariffs and conditions.
How LegalWise Works
LegalWise has more than 80 branches and Attorney Branches countrywide. At our branches we have more than 160 Legal Counsellors who are legally qualified and who are able to provide a wide range of legal services to LegalWise Members.
These services include:
- Face to face consultations with a Legal Counsellor at a LegalWise Branch (we are one of the very few that provide this benefit).
- Legal and related advice.
- Negotiations and correspondence with third parties on your behalf.
- Assistance and advice regarding basic legal documents, e.g. wills and contracts.
- Debt relief e.g. settlement negotiations, consolidations, payment extensions, assistance with blacklisting.
- Drafting of basic court documents and advice regarding court procedures.
- Should you need to visit one of our branches, please contact us for an appointment.
- It is sometimes necessary for LegalWise to refer a LegalWise Member to an attorney. This usually occurs when the member has a legal problem that must be heard in court. These are often cases where a member has been charged with committing an offence (a criminal matter) and/or civil disputes (litigation). LegalWise may not, by law, handle these legal problems in- house.
What is NOT covered by LegalWise?
In order to keep the membership fees affordable, certain items are not covered. These include:
- Traffic fines
- Political matters
- Matrimonial matters e.g. divorce
- Old disputes (any cases that came up prior to LegalWise membership)
The documents are in PDF Format, which will require that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it for free here.
Money Back Guarantee
LegalWise offers a highly professional legal service at very reasonable rates. However, should you find the policy terms to be less than satisfactory within the first three months of subscription you will be fully refunded. No questions asked.
For more information call now on 08 600 35 000.
Ke mathata fela (Life's full of problems)
As a LegalWise member you don't have to worry about unforseen legal
problems or costs. Our 24 hour LegaLine to professional assistance anywhere in the country means 24 hour peace of mind. Be legally prepared, whether you are wrongly sued or you wish to sue someone for a wrong done to you.