On Sunday 15 March, President Ramaphosa addressed the nation and declared a National State of Disaster in response to COVID-19. Days later the President announced a nationwide lockdown. The South African Government has been decisive in its approach to contain the spread of the virus, as a business we have implemented plans and reaffirm our commitment to take every precaution to ensure a safe environment for our Champions, Members and other business stakeholders.
We have remained committed to providing services to our Members despite our Branches being closed during the nationwide lockdown. Wherever possible, we have enabled our Champions to work from home and we have made it possible for our Members to communicate online via Facebook, Twitter and WebChat on both the LegalWise website and App.
Selected Branches are now reopening
In line with the Government’s Risk Adjusted Strategy Regulations, we are pleased to advise that we will be reopening selected Branches and Claims Hubs from Monday 1 June 2020 on an appointment only basis.
To book an appointment please call 0861 377 766 or our national switchboard on 010 271 2255
Selected Branches are reopening
Alternatively, go online
We’d also encourage you to use our telephonic and online channels. We’re available via –
- Our LegalLine on 0861 377 766 or national switchboard 010 271 2255;
- The LegalWise website at www.legalwise.co.za;
- On Facebook or Facebook Messenger or Twitter Direct Messages; and
- WebChat on both the LegalWise website and App
The LegalWise APP has recently been updated. Download it from the Apple App or Google Play stores and enjoy the many new self-service features. You can –
- View your Schedule of Insurance, Membership card and download your Membership Agreement.
- Update your personal details.
- Add, delete or change your beneficiary and insured person’s details.
- View SMSs and emails sent to you by LegalWise.
- Give us a compliment or submit a complaint.
Doing our bit to help the nation
COVID-19 legal articles
|Stay put - a summary of the regulations regarding the lockdown|
COVID-19 Media Centre
Know where to get help
South African Government Help Links
- SA Government info page www.gov.za/NovelCoronavirus
- SA Government official statements - link
- The National Institute for Communicable Diseases: www.nicd.ac.za
- Health Department's Resource Portal - sacoronavirus.co.za
- SMME Debt Relief - register your business at www.smmesa.gov.za for financial assistance if impacted by the lockdown - read more
- Wesgro business advise and support - www.supportbusiness.co.za