Message from our CEO
Dealing with the COVID-19 Pandemic
In response to President Ramaphosa’s address on Monday 23 March 2020, in which he called for our nation to act as one to prevail against the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all our Branches and Claims Hubs will be closed from 16h30 on Thursday 26 March 2020 as part of the nation-wide lock-down.
To lessen the impact of our Branch closures and to continue to be available, our Members are encouraged to get in touch via –
- Our LegalLine on 0861 377 766 or national switchboard 010 271 2255
- Or on Facebook or Facebook Messenger or Twitter Direct Messages.
The LegalWise APP has also recently been updated. Download it and enjoy the new self-service features. You can –
- View your Schedule of Insurance, Membership card and download your Membership Agreement.
- Update your personal details.
- Add, delete or change your beneficiary and insured person’s details.
- View SMSs and emails sent to you by LegalWise.
- Give us a compliment or submit a complaint.
I would encourage you to practise basic hygiene protocols to help fight the spread of this virus.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least a 2 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the bend of your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the used tissue immediately.
March being Human Rights Month we focus this edition of WiseUp on your right to dignity, basic education, freedom of speech and equality. We briefly delve into the birth of the Bill of Rights. How it came about and the journey it had to go through to get to where it is now. We also cover why you may think limitations of your human rights are a violation.
We thank you for your continued support. I would like to wish you and your families well over the coming weeks. Stay healthy and let’s flatten the curve together.
Chief Executive Officer