R125 per month gives you up to R125 000 legal fees per case.
- Legal Emergency Fast Track - an added legal benefit giving you an immediate ½ hour consultation per year with a lawyer, provided by LegalWise at no extra charge. You can use it for any matter, covered or not
And everything else that the Gold Membership offers:
- Face-to-face consultation with a Legal Counsellor at any of the 80 LegalWise branches countrywide
- Protection covering you, your spouse or partner and all your children under the age of 18 years
- Access to our network of attorneys who will represent you and cover up to R125 000 per case for legal fees, should your matter need representation in court or Alternative Dispute Resolution Forums such as the CCMA
- Choice to use your own attorney*
- 24-hour legal assistance via our LegalLine, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (e.g., help for urgent with bail application), as well as online legal assistance during office hours
- R12 500 cash for legal expenses for the accidental death of the main Member. The payout is made to your nominated beneficiary and can be used to pay for legal expenses like the settling of the estate or legal and financial advice
- Insurance that pays your LegalWise premium for 6 months if you are retrenched - at no extra charge.
Matters that our Legal Counsellors will assist you with:
- Insurance problems (e.g. life policy or car insurance claims)
- Consumer related problems (e.g. guarantees and defective goods)
- Home owner problems (e.g. faulty alterations, home improvements, defective building works)
- Job related matters (e.g. unfair dismissals, unfair retrenchments)
- Criminal charges against our Member or his/her family
- Motor vehicle problems and accident claims
- Personal injury claims
What is NOT covered by the LegalWise policy?
Our policies are kept affordable by not covering the following:
- Matrimonial disputes (e.g. contested divorces)
- Defamation cases
- Business related matters
- Admission of guilt fines
- Cover for legal matters that occurred before your 3 months waiting period*
- Collective actions
- Traffic fines.
- Political matters
- Child maintenance
LegalWise Counsellors strive to assist with any legal matters or questions you may have, even if they are not covered by your LegalWise policy, such as:
- Debt services (e.g. settlement negotiations, debt counselling, rescission of administration orders and judgments)
- Family services (e.g. unopposed divorces, child maintenance matters, drafting of basic wills)
- Other civil services (e.g. mediation or referrals to Alternative Dispute Resolution forums such as the CCMA, preparation and referral to Small Claims Court)