LegalWise believes in achieving excellence through people and aims to provide them with the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge required to reach their full potential.
Our Member Bursary Programme assists students with financial and mentorship support to enable them to acquire the education to pursue a career in fields where LegalWise has a need to recruit.
The allocation of a bursary is evaluated according to but not limited to the following criteria:
- The applicant/ parent must be a fully paid up LegalWise Member for at least two years prior to applying for a bursary and must continue to be a Member for the duration of the bursary.
- Degrees which qualify are LLB; BCOM (Law); BA (Law); BCOM (Accounting); BCOM (Human Resource Management); BA (Human Resource Management); BCOM (Management); BSc (Industrial Psychology).
- Bursaries are only awarded to students who are already studying fulltime towards one of the undergraduate degrees listed above at an approved public university.
- Bursaries are only offered from the second year of study onwards.
- Applicants currently completing their first year of study may apply for a bursary in the second semester for their second year of study.
- Bursaries are only allocated for the year following the one in which the application was received.
- Bursaries are not awarded for part-time, correspondence or distance learning studies.
- The applicant must have achieved at least a "C" aggregate (60 %) academically in their previous year of studies at tertiary level.
- The applicant should be able to speak, read and write English and at least one other official language.
- Only fully completed applications with all the required supporting documentation will be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to visit their closest LegalWise Branch for an interview.
- LegalWise reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its discretion and in accordance with its own internal decision-making process.
- Applications open on the 1st of August each year and all applications must be submitted by close of business on the 30th of September of the same year. Late submissions will not be considered.
Bursary Application forms are available for download here or from your nearest LegalWise Branch.
Completed application forms with all supporting documentation can be submitted via one of the following channels:
External Bursary Department
c/o LegalWise Member Bursary Programme
P O Box 6144
Scan and email to: email@example.com
Hand the documents in at your nearest LegalWise branch.