- Legal assistance and advice from our in-house Legal Counsellors in Branches, over the phone, online or via our new video consultation service.
- Access to experienced legal specialists in the types of matters we handle, who will attempt to resolve your legal issues without you going to court.
- Branches countrywide.
- 24/7, 365 access via our LegalLine.
- Up to R330 000 for legal fees per case.
- You, your spouse or life partner and children under 18 are covered.
- Cover for civil, criminal and labour related cases.
- Access to the LegalWise Network of over 220 legal firms to represent you.
- Fees paid at the LegalWise tariff rates, giving you more legal power.
- Option to select a lawyer who is not on the LegalWise Network.
Insurance cover is subject to a 3 month waiting period and exclusions. The main exclusions are listed below as follows:
- Business activities.
- Matrimonial matters (e.g. marriage, divorce, maintenance disputes, custody disputes, etc.).
- Defamation claim by you.
- Matters involving you as a member, public officer, trustee, executor, curator or spokesperson.
- Collective or class action.
- A dispute with a claim value less than R5 000.
- An act aimed at promoting or frustrating economic, political, social or environmental change.
- Matters with an option to pay a fine without a conviction.
- Matters that arose before you joined LegalWise or during your 3 months waiting period.
* Full list of exclusions is contained in Section 6 of the LegalWise Membership Agreement.
For more information about our Membership options click here. Alternatively, click here to join.