- Access to our in-house Legal Counsellors who will attempt to resolve your legal issues without you going to court.
- Branches countrywide.
- 24/7, 365 access via our LegalLine.
- Web and e-mail based legal assistance during office hours.
- Extended para-legal services. LegalWise will also assist you with the following even if we do not pay the legal fees:
- Debt services (settlement negotiations, rescission of administration orders and judgments).
- Family Services (uncontested divorces, child maintenance matters, ante nuptial contracts).
- Other civil services (mediation or referrals to Alternative Dispute Resolution forums such as the CCMA, preparation and referral to Small Claims Court).
LegalSure Insurance Benefits
- Up to R320 000 for legal fees per case.
- You, your spouse or life partner and children under 18 are covered.
- Cover for civil, criminal and labour related cases.
- Access to the LegalWise Network of over 300 legal firms to represent you.
- Fees paid at the LegalWise tariff rates, giving you more legal power.
- Option to select a lawyer who is not on the LegalWise Network.
Benefits are subject to a 3 month waiting period and exclusions. The main exclusions are listed below:
- Business activities.
- Matrimonial matters (e.g. marriage, divorce, maintenance disputes, custody disputes, etc.).
- Defamation claim by you.
- Matters involving you as a Member, public officer, trustee, executor, curator or spokesperson.
- Collective or class actions.
- A dispute with a claim value less than R5 000.00.
- An act aimed at promoting or frustrating economic, political, social or environmental change.
- Matters with an option to pay a fine without a conviction.
- Matters that arose before you joined LegalWise or during your 3 month waiting period.
For more information about our legal and insurance benefits visit our legal services page. Alternatively, visit our membership sign-up page to join.