LegalWise believes in achieving excellence through people and aims to provide them with the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge required to reach their full potential. To this end, LegalWise Members and their children are afforded the opportunity to apply for bursaries for study at tertiary institutions.
The number and value of the bursaries awarded is dependent on budgetary constraints and is reviewed annually by the LegalWise Bursary Committee. The Bursary Committee receives numerous applications each year and strict criteria are applied when making the final selection. Bursaries are awarded primarily to cover tuition fees at registered tertiary institutions and bursary holders are required to work at LegalWise during the June and December vacation periods. Upon the completion of their studies, bursary holders are required to fulfill an in-house service obligation at LegalWise; the length of which is determined by the number of years for which the bursary was received.
The selection criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The applicant/parent must be a fully paid up LegalWise Member for at least two years prior to application and must continue to be a Member for the duration of the bursary. No exceptions will be made
- The applicant must have achieved at least a "C" aggregate (60 %) academically in their previous year of studies at tertiary level. No exceptions will be made
- The applicant should be able to speak, read and write English and at least one other official language
- Degrees which qualify are BA (Law), BCOM (Law), LLB or BCOM (Business Administration) degrees
- A limited number of bursaries are allocated annually and re-allocation is dependent on satisfactory academic performance
- Incomplete applications will not be considered – all supporting documentation must be supplied
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to go to their closest LegalWise branch for an interview
- The applicant is required to be a registered student at one of the recognized tertiary institutions in the year of applying for the bursary
- Bursaries are only allocated for the year following the one in which the application was received
- Applications open on the 1st of August annually and must be submitted by close of business on the 30th of September each year. No late submissions will be considered - BURSARY APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 ARE NOW CLOSED
Completed application forms with all supporting documentation can be submitted via one of the following channels:
External Bursary Department
P O Box 1524
Scan and email to: email@example.com
Hand the documents in at your nearest LegalWise branch.